Sunday, March 23, 2014

As I decide to 'desire', I give birth to 'distress'..

As I decide to 'desire', I give birth to 'distress', I desire material gains (which are products of material nature) because of  being associated with the material nature at the time of birth in the form of this material body by coming in contact with the three modes of material nature- the mode of goodness, the mode of passion and the mode of ignorance. My this body which is a product of this material nature is called the 'field' and the one who knows the material body is called the knower of the field. The following are together considered in summary to be the field of activity and its interactions (the body): The five elements - (earth, water, fire, air and ether), false ego, intelligence, the unmanifested, the ten senses - (eyes, ears, nose, tongue, skin, voice, legs, hands, anus and genitals), mind, the five sense objects - (smell, taste, form, touch and sound), desire, hatred, happiness, distress, the aggregate, the life symptoms. Nature is said to be the cause of all material causes and effects, everything moving and non-moving is a produce of this material nature and whereas I (in contact with matter) am the cause of various sufferings and enjoyments in this world. I, in this material nature thus follow the ways of life, enjoying the three modes of material nature, this as I said earlier is due to my association with the material nature and thus I meet with good and evil in ways of life. This means that whatever I see in existence, both moving and non-moving is only a combination of the field of activity and the knower of the field but I, being the knower of the field actually does nothing at all. Thus, only with the vision of eternity I can see that I (the imperishable soul) am transcendental, eternal and beyond the modes of nature and despite contact with the material body, I neither do anything nor am I entangled, but due to my associaton with the matter, I believe myself to be the doer. If only I can transcend the three modes of nature, I can become free from all dualities and anxieties, can remain undisturbed, can regard alike happiness and distress, can be same towards honor and dishonor, desirable and undesirable. And one who intends to transcend the three modes should think of the Lord, become his devotee, worship him and offer homage unto him.

No comments:

Post a Comment