Some really interesting words from the Bhagavad gita:
- To Remain absorbed in Krishna Consciousness
- That Reactions to all actions are burned up when action performed is devoid of sense gratification thus renouncing all material desires, no fruitive action is performed.
- Engaging in devotional service to the lord and abandoning all attachments to results of actions, be satisfied of gain which comes of its own accord.
- To remain steady in both success and failure.
- That work performed should be un-attached to the 3 modes of material nature, ie.mode of goodness, passion and ignorance.
- Acts of sacrifice should never be given up and these should always be performed like - mind control, control over the hearing process, restrained sex life, charity, helping the needy, no meat eating, no alcohol, pranaayam etc.
- That Without sacrifice one cannot live happily on this planet or in this life, what then of the next?
- To Practice remaining in a state of shutting out all external sense objects.
- That Mind is said to be a friend of soul and his enemy as well, one who has conquered his mind, mind will remain his best friend and to such a person happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor all are same thus one remains neutral.